Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pre-K Fun

Oceans in a bottle!  We’re just finishing our Oceans unit and made these today.

DSCN2661

We had a gazillion of these…

DSCN2650

And all of this:

DSCN2651

I filled the bottles about 1/3 of the way with blue water (food coloring).  Then I filled another 1/3 with vegetable oil.  The kids added glitter, confetti, and sequence.  I glued the lid shut with Elmer's glue and then hot glued the edges just to be sure those little kiddos could not open them!

DSCN2660

The kids LOVED every minute of it.  They were mesmerized by their oceans when they were finished making them.

3 comments:

  1. This project is realy neat! I homeschool my 10 year old and we live 18 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and he would love to make his own ocean. Thanks so much for a wonderful idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope he likes it! I hope to post more of my Pre-K activities soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! My son is a sensory seeker (he's 6) so this is right up his alley. And awesomely easy!! (Well, I hope so, anyway!!)

    ReplyDelete